Finding boneless skin-on chicken breast seems to be a challenge (at least where we live) so we bought skin-on bone-in chicken breasts and removed the bone. With a sharp small knife such as a boning knife run the blade along the rib cage to separate the breast from the bone. You can freeze the bones for the next time you make homemade chicken stock.INGREDIENTS
- 4 large boneless skin-on chicken breast halves (10-12 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl mix garlic basil and oil. Add additional oil if necessary.
- Smear the mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts being careful to leave the skins intact. Sprinkle both sides with a small amount of salt and pepper. (The chicken may be allowed to marinate for up to 6 hours if desired.)