6 Low Calorie Grill Chicken Recipe
6 Low Calorie Grill Chicken RecipeIf you are an athlete bodybuilder or crossfitter I am sure you aware of your caloric balance (calories in equals’ calories out). I can also assume how bothering it is to prep food everyday based on your calorie intake and keep track of your diet. For instance a 4 ounce chicken breast would provide about 187 calories and an 8 ounce baked sweet potato would provide around 200 calories. Measuring each of your ingredients before preparing your meal is annoying and eating same menu every day is more annoying.That is the reason why I have come up with 6 succulent low calorie barbecue chicken recipe just for you. Whether you’re using a barbecue grill out on your patio or an indoor grill these will taste delicious and super simple to prepare. Without any delay let me introduce these easy grilling recipes to make your taste-bud tingle.
1. Lemon and Herb Chicken SkewersIngredientsFor Chicken Skewer:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chopped Dill
- Chopped Parsley
- Chopped Garlic
- 6 oz Chicken
- Black Pepper
For Capers Dip:
- Chopped Dill
- Start by preparing a simple marinade for your chicken. It’s just a matter of combining some extra virgin olive oil with some freshly chopped dill parsley add some garlic. Next you need to zest a lemon and get some good amount of juice by a squeezer. Finally hit the marinade with salt and pepper.
- Once you’ve got that marinade all mixed up and it is time to pour it over your chicken. Cut your boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1 inch cubes not necessarily have to be perfect. Pour all of that marinade over your chicken breast and give everything a good toss so it’s evenly coated.
- Cover it with plastic wrap or pop the lid of your container in which you have marinade your chicken. Keep the marinade chicken into the refrigerator for at least an hour but overnight is actually ideal. The longer the marination the more delicious your chicken skewers are going to be.
- After the marination is done you can go ahead and start making skewers. Using metal skewers is a good Idea I love using metal because the metal itself heats up and helps cook the inside of the chicken while the outside. Skew all your chicken and get those on the grill. As I said you can use an indoor grill but if can do it on a gas smoker or a charcoal smoker that’s even better. Fired up over medium heat make sure that you are flipping your skewers every few minutes so that they’re cooked evenly on all sides.
- While those are cooking away you can prepare a simple lemon caper dip. I think it is a perfect accompaniment for chicken skewers. Starts with a base of plain yogurt in your bowl and add some tasty capers which have really a salty bite with delicious flavor. Then add some fresh dill and grate in a little bit of fresh garlic and then add the zest and juice of one lemon. Hit this with some salt and pepper give it a whirl and it is ready to be enjoyed. By this time your skewers should look gorgeous and golden and be fully cooked through. That means it is time to get them off the grill and right into your belly where they belong. If you want go ahead and give these little skewers a lemon splash right before serving.
2. Peachy Balsamic Grilled ChickenIngredients
- Peaches Preserve
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Cooking Oil
- Red Pepper
- Black Pepper
- 4 pcs Chicken Breast
- I love it best served over a beautiful bed of lettuce with some grilled peaches on the side. For this you are going to start by mixing up your marinade with some peach preserves which you can always find in the jam aisle at your supermarket. Add a little bit of balsamic vinegar with a splash of oil to help prevent everything from sticking. If you like heat then add some red pepper flakes and finish it off with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Once that’s all mixed together just use a measuring cup to reserve a bit of the mixture to use this to rub your chicken while grilling the rest of the mixture will go boneless skinless chicken breast for marination. As always when it comes to marinades the longer it sits the tastier it is going to be. So you’ll want to marinate this in the refrigerator for at least an hour but hey if you’ve got two three four hours that is even better.
- When it’s time to get them to the grill you’ll want to make sure you’re cooking these low and slow. The idea is that you want to make sure that your glaze doesn’t burn before your chicken is completely cooked. If you’re working on a charcoal smoker outdoor you can always cook with indirect heat. Where you can burn your charcoal on one side and then cook these on the other side with just heat from the burning charcoal.
- In this way your chicken is going to cook through before any of the sugars in that glaze have a chance to burn. You need to keep the chicken grilling & flipping them once until they’ve reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Just before you pull them off the grill brush them with a little more of your reserved marinate mixture and then it will be ready to be enjoyed. Serve over a beautiful bed of greens and with some grilled peaches on the side.
3. Honey Dijon DrumsticksIngredients
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- 6 Chicken Drumstick
- This recipe is great for the young! Start with a really wonderful but simple marinade. Get some oil in your bowl add some honey and add Dijon mustard which has a classic flavor. Then add a good splash of apple cider vinegar and minced garlic a little salt and pepper to round all of this out. Give it a good whisk until it’s well combined and keep away a little bit of this marinade to use at the very end of cooking to brush on to your chicken
- With the rest of your marinade pour it over the chicken drumsticks and flip it one or two times to make sure they are evenly coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl and get it into the refrigerator to chill it out for at least an hour.
- Due to honey in the marinade the chicken drum will get burn easily on the outside before it is cooked thoroughly. To prevent this make sure you’re cooking on medium heat and flipping them regularly. If you’re using an indoor grill you always have the option to finish them off in the oven for the last five or ten minutes of cooking. Once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit that is how you know they are ready to be devoured. Give these drumsticks another quick brush with that delicious honey mustard sauce and cook for maybe one to two more minutes more before it is time to enjoy.
4. Southwest Style Chicken Grilled SandwichIngredients:For marinate:
- One tablespoon of garlic
- Shallot puree or two cloves of crushed garlic
- One tablespoon of ground cumin
- One tablespoon of ground chili powder
- Lime juice and their zest
- One cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Quarter cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- Freshly baked bread
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Southwest Sauce
- Aside from a great hamburger a grilled chicken sandwich is one of my favorite recipes for outdoor grilling.
- To begin you start by placing two boneless skinless chicken breasts in a ziploc bag and pound out. The reason you need to pound out the chicken breasts is to even them out to ensure even cooking and it also cooks a little bit faster on the grill. After pounding out the chicken cut it in half so that you can make two to four sandwiches.
- Before you chop your fresh cilantro always soak in a bowl of cool water to remove the dirt. Now let’s combine the ingredients so you can start marinating your chicken. Take one cup of extra virgin olive oil in a bowl; add one by one ingredient that has been mentioned above in the ingredients list and whisk all together.
- This zesty Southwest style chicken marinade goes great with boneless grilled chicken breasts. Now let these flavors meld for about 15 minutes and then marinate your chicken for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- After marinating for about an hour and since there’s no salt in the marinade you’re going to go ahead and put a little salt on them next before you put them on your gas grill. Put a little olive oil on the towel and I wipe down your grill this will helps from keeping things sticking. Make sure your grill is preheated on high. Lay those pounded breast down on the grill and sprinkle more salt to them. Grill them on each side for three minutes. Add the pepper jack cheese on the grilled chicken and grill the bun on the side.
- When the cheese is melted and buns toasted. Now let’s assemble the awesome chicken sandwich. For the spread use a Southwest sauce and place the chicken with cheese fresh sliced tomatoes and fresh sliced avocado in the bun to make a sandwich. This recipe is hard to beat and taste really good.
5. Peri Peri Chicken GrilledIngredients:
- Chicken Breast
- Garlic seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Peri Peri Sauce
- Let’s start by cutting a lemon in half and only use the half lemon juice to put on the chicken breasts. Next you’re going to add some garlic plus seasoning and garlic powder after that you’re going to add some onion powder salt and pepper. Then you’re going to add a nice amount of smoked paprika. Adding smoked paprika will give a nice smoky flavor. Next use your favorite piri piri sauce you can find this in most of the grocery stores.
- After all that’s added you’re going to massage your chicken don’t be afraid to get your hands in there but you got a massage so that all the flavors coat the chicken thoroughly.
- Then you’re going to wrap the bowl with saran and you’re going to place that in the fridge for an hour. After an hour up you need to remove it from the fridge. Then you need to lightly oil the griddle or your gas grill if you are grilling outside. You’re going to preheat and place the chicken once it’s pretty heated.
- It is probably going to take about four or five minutes per side. Once one side is done you need to flip it to the other. Use any generic salad to serve with chicken. This is very macro friendly low calorie and low-fat peri peri grilled chicken.
6. Sesame-grilled Burger PattyIngredients:
- ½ kg ground Chicken
- 4 cups finely chopped watercress hard parts removed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 scallions Chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- This makes recipe will give you 4 servings with 217 calories per serving.
- Mix 1 teaspoon sesame oil soy sauce scallions garlic and ginger in a small bowl. Pour half of the sauce in a medium bowl then add chicken to the bowl. Form into 4 and 3/4-inch thick patties. Add remaining sesame oil and vinegar in the sauce mixture then set aside. Grill burger patties over medium-high heat until cooked through about 4-5 minutes per side. To serve mix watercress and carrots in a large bowl toss with remaining sauce mixture then divide among 4 plates. Top with grilled burger.
Enjoy these low-calorie grilled recipes today for a surely satisfied appetite without having to worry about your weight or your health.Source: https://passionateaboutfood.net