Best Chicken Scallopini Recipe
- 1 to 1 and ½ pounds NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Thaw the chicken breasts portions and pound them to an even 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and olive oil in a skillet to a medium high heat. Add a clove of minced garlic. Flour the chicken lightly and brown in two batches until golden about 3 minutes. Between batches add additional butter olive oil and garlic clove.
- Place the browned chicken in an oven proof casserole dish. Heat the last 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet and sauté the mushrooms until tender. Add the lemon juice chicken broth and white wine and bring to a simmer. Pour the mushrooms and juice over the chicken in the casserole dish. Bake at 325 F. for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
This article and recipe adapted from this site