Brownie Cookie Recipe
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (60-70% cacao)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder¹
- 1 cup pecans (chopped optional)
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat stirring constantly until melted and well-combined.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat the eggs sugars vanilla baking powder and salt on high speed 5 minutes or until the batter is thick and creamy. This step is key so make sure to beat the mixture for the full 5 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low and mix in the melted chocolate until well-combined.
- Stir in flour and cocoa powder just until combined.
- Add nuts if using and mini chocolate chips. Stir in to combine. The batter should be the consistency of a thick brownie batter at this point.
- Cover the batter and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop drop batter onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 8-10 minutes. The cookie will look set at the edges but still be a little wet looking in the center. Don t overbake or the cookies won t be crackly and fudgy.
- The shiny crackly crust will develop as the cookies cool on the baking sheet.
This article and recipe adapted from this site