Death By Chocolate Poke Cake
INGREDIENTSFOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray
- Cocoa powder
- 1 box chocolate cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips melted
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3/4 c. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 c. heavy cream (plus more if necessary)
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9 -x-13 pan with cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder. Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package directions and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Poke cake all over with the handle of a wooden spoon. In a small bowl mix together sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate. Pour mixture into the holes.
- Make frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer beat butter powdered sugar cocoa powder vanilla and salt. Beat in heavy cream adding more by the tablespoon until consistency is creamy but can hold peaks.
- Spread frosting all over cake with an offset spatula and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE