Easy Berries & Cream Hand Pies
Ingredientsfor 6 hand pies
- ? cup berry jam (110 g)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened (325 g)
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water plus extra for crimping
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the pie crust on a cutting board and cut out circle shapes using the top of a coffee cup. Collect scrap pieces and roll out again to stamp out more shapes making 12-14 circles total.
- Fill half the circles with a tablespoon of the cream cheese followed by a heaping teaspoon of jam.
- Using your finger lightly wet the edges of the cut rounds with water.
- Cover the tops with the remaining circles pressing the two dough halves together. Crimp edges with a fork to seal.
- In a bowl beat the egg with water. Brush the tops of the pies with the egg wash.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a ventilation hole or slit into the top of the pies.
- Arrange the pies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before serving.
This article and recipes adapted fromt this site