Easy Orange Creamsicl Lush
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch for drop cookies
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 boxes (3 oz each) Jell-O™ orange-flavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz each) Jell-O™ vanilla-flavor instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 container (12 oz) Cool Whip™ frozen whipped topping thawed
- ½ cup canned mandarin orange segments drained
- Heat oven to 375°F. Make and bake drop cookies as directed on pouch. Cool completely about 30 minutes.
- In food processor process half of the cookies to coarse crumbs. Remove to medium bowl. Continue to process remaining cookies to coarse crumbs; add to bowl. Stir in melted butter until well blended. In ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish press cookie crumb mixture firmly in bottom. Set aside.
- In small bowl place gelatin and add boiling water; beat with whisk until blended. Stir occasionally about 2 minutes or until mostly dissolved. In medium bowl beat dry pudding mixes and milk with whisk about 2 minutes or until thick. Stir in dissolved gelatin. Let stand 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In large bowl beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth scraping down side of bowl frequently. Beat in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread over cookie crust.
- Pour pudding mixture over cream cheese layer; spread evenly over top. Drop remaining whipped topping by spoonfuls over pudding layer; carefully spread until even. Refrigerate 5 hours.
- When ready to serve sprinkle orange segments on top. Cut into 6 rows by 3 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pieces.
This article and recipe adapted from this site