Easy Teriyaki Chicken Bake
IngredientsFor the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey (add 1/4 more honey for a sweeter sauce)
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
For the Bake:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced large
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup snow peas cut in half
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
InstructionsFor the Sauce:
- In a small sauce pot combing the soy sauce honey 1/2 cup of the water ginger and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. While the sauce is boiling combine the last 1/4 cup of water and corn starch in a small bowl. Whisk well and gradually pour into the boiling sauce stirring the sauce constantly. Reduce to a simmer and continue to stir the sauce until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Bake:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the sesame oil on medium heat. Once hot add the chicken and cook until golden on the outside. Add onion and garlic then saute until onions soften about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and remaining ingredients. Stir in the sauce until all ingredients are coated then pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies tender but not mushy. Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site