French Toast Casserole
- 20 ounces sandwich bread *cubed
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup **
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons salted butter sliced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Great a 9 x13 baking dish.
- Cube the bread into small 1-inch cubes and layer with the pecans in your baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs milk real maple syrup vanilla extract salt cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and pecans in the baking dish.
- Cover and chill for a good 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- When you re ready to bake the casserole remove it from the fridge and pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile mix the sliced butter brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small mixing bowl.
- Crumble or clump the topping over the entire casserole.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for about 25 to 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake it for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once it s thoroughly cooked through remove it from the oven and let it cool for just a few minutes.
- Then slice and serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here