Healthy Broccoli Salad
- 1 broccoli head approx 5 cups of florets
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
Broccoli Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Add the bacon slices to a parchment lined baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until crispy. Remove the bacon from the oven and transfer to a paper towel to dry and cool.
- While the bacon is cooking slice off all the broccoli florets and make sure they re in bite-sized pieces. Add them to a large mixing bowl along with the red onion dried cranberries sunflower seeds and goat cheese.
- To make the dressing add the mayonnaise and yogurt to a small bowl and stir together. Add the dressing to the mixing bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
- Make sure you ve sliced the broccoli florets into small bite-sized pieces. It makes it far easier to eat that way.
- If you re wondering what to do with the broccoli stem spiralize it! Yes you can totally spiralize a broccoli stem just as you would a zucchini. It s delicious! And while I don t show you how to spiralize a broccoli stem on my Spiralizer Beginner s Guide video you can still get a little inspiration from the video.
- If you ve never cooked bacon in the oven before make sure to read my recipe post and watch my video. Whenever I m cooking a whole package of bacon it s definitely my favorite method.
- I also have recipes for homemade mayonnaise and homemade yogurt but of course you can buy these from the store as well.
This article and recipe adapted from this site