Healthy Mango Salsa Chicken Bowls
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts lightly pounded to an even thickness
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil divided
- 1 small ripe avocado chopped or sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 4 cups salad greens of choice
- 2-3 Tbsps fresh lime juice
- Homemade Mango Salsa:
- 1 large ripe mango peeled pitted and cubed
- a small handful of fresh mint or cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion diced small
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Season chicken breast with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of your oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides and no longer pink in the center 4-5 minutes per side.
- Set meat aside on a cutting board covered to rest for 5 minutes then slice it against the grain.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine all mango salsa ingredients gently stir.
- To assemble your bowls divide the salad greens between 2 bowls then top each equally with cooked quinoa or rice sliced chicken avocado and mango salsa.
- Drizzle each with a bit of oil and fresh lime juice then ENJOY!
This article and recipe adapted from this site