Juicy Stove Top Chicken Breasts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil divided
- 4 (1 pound total) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet; use a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels.
- Drizzle just a bit of oil over each chicken breast or spray with cooking oil and rub it all over.
- In a small mixing bowl combine salt pepper garlic powder onion powder basil and paprika.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with the prepared seasoning; rub it all around.
- Add 2 chicken breasts to the hot skillet.
- Cook chicken breasts for 5 to 7 minutes without moving them around.
- Flip both chicken breasts over add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet; swirl butter around and continue to cook the chicken for 7 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Cooking time will always depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet; set aside and keep covered.
- Repeat the same method with the remaining 2 chicken breasts.
- When finished transfer chicken to a cutting board; let rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site