Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4-oz) package instant lemon pudding
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups butter room temperature (3 sticks)
- 2-3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour lemon pudding mix salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together butter sugar and vanilla. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and pale yellow in color. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition stopping and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream. Mix until fully combined. Stir in the fresh lemon zest by hand.
- Pour into prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake placing a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning if needed for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes then remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- To make the glaze: In a medium-size mixing bowl mix together the powdered sugar lemon juice and butter. Drizzle over cooled cake.
This article and recipe adapted from this site