Tall And Creamy New York Cheesecake
- 32 oz cream cheese (4 packages) room temperature
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream room temperature
- 8 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 vanilla beans can substitute 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Tightly wrap 2 layers of aluminum foil around the outside of a 10 inch springform pan covering bottom and sides.
- Generously coat inside of pan with butter.
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Using an electric mixer with paddle attachment beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Add sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Add sugar cornstarch vanilla and lemon juice beat until smooth about 2 minutes.
- Pour into springform pan and place in a roasting pan large enough to prevent sides from touching.
- Place into oven and carefully pour boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of springform pan. (be careful not to splash any water onto cake)
- Bake for 2 hours or until cake is lightly browned on top. My oven is a convection oven so bake time in regular oven may be longer.
- Remove from water bath (bain-marie) remove foil and cool completely at room temperature before unlatching and removing rim.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled (best to leave chill overnight). Cake must be well chilled to set properly.
- Serve plain or with berries and whipped cream or even caramel sauce.
This article and recipe adapted from this site