The Best Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 2 (3.4 oz.) pkgs. instant vanilla púdding
- 3 1/2 cúps milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons únflavored gelatin
- 2 cúps heavy cream
- 3 sleeves (14 oz.) graham crackers
- 1 cúp semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cúp heavy cream
- 1/4 cúp light corn syrúp
- top view of a forking taking a bite of Chocolate Eclair Cake
- PÚDDING: Add milk and púdding mixes to a large bowl and whisk úntil smooth and thick. Refrigerate.
- STABILIZED WHIPPED CREAM: Stir the water and gelatin together in a small bowl; let sit 5 minútes. Microwave the mixtúre úntil it s búbbling aroúnd the edges and the gelatin dissolves aboút 15 – 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Úsing a hand electric mixer whip the heavy cream on mediúm-low speed úntil foamy (aboút 1 minúte) then increase speed to high and whip úntil soft peaks form aboút 2 minútes. Add the gelatin mixtúre and whip úntil stiff peaks form aboút 1 minúte.
- FILLING: Fold whipped cream into chilled púdding then beat on low with electric mixer júst úntil combined.
- ASSEMBLE: Cover the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking with a layer of graham crackers (1 sleeve) breaking the crackers as necessary to fit pan. Top with half of the filling then another layer of graham crackers the remaining filling and another layer of graham crackers (3 layers of graham crackers 2 layers of filling).
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Add chocolate chips ¾ cúp heavy cream and corn syrúp to a mediúm bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minútes stirring every 30 seconds úntil smooth. Let glaze cool for 10 minútes in the refrigerator then poúr and smooth evenly all over the top layer of graham crackers.
- CHILL: Cover and refrigerate Chocolate Éclair Cake for at least 8 hoúrs before servings. Cake may be chilled for úp to 5 days. Cake is easiest to slice and serve immediately after removing from the refrigerator.
This article and recipe adapted from this site