The Best Keto Monterey Chicken
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb of thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons sugar-free bbq sauce
- 2/3 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- In a hot oven-safe skillet add olive oil and butter.(I use this skillet)
- Season chicken generously with salt pepper and garlic powder.
- Sear chicken on each side for about 4 minutes each on medium/high then cover with a lid and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Spoon BBQ sauce on top of each chicken breast.
- Divide the cooked bacon evenly and place on top of each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of bacon.
- Finish off the chicken with Monterey Jack Cheese and sprinkle parsley on top.
- Turn oven to broil and place skillet in the oven on top rack.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. (make sure skillet is oven safe)
NotesThe sugar alcohols from the Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener in the homemade sugar-free BBQ sauce are not included in the nutritional information since most subtract to calculate net carbs. This article and recipe adapted from this site