Authentic Italian Chicken Parmesan
INGREDIENTSFor the Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts or cutlets sliced in half into 6 cuts (see notes for difference)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (use gf flour blend if needed)
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs (see notes to make homemade bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp (each) salt & pepper
- 2 tsp Italian herb blend (thyme oregano basil rosemary)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
For the Topping
- 6 slices Mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups tomato/marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Place chicken cutlets/breasts in a ziplock bag and firmly pound with a rolling pin or smooth side of a meat hammer – chicken thickness should be 1/2 inch.)
- Breadcrumbs: In a bowl mix all of breadcrumb ingredients together. Set up a line of bowls with flour whisked eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Bread the Chicken: Dip chicken cutlets in flour on both sides. Then transfer floured chicken and dip in egg on both sides. Last dip both sides of chicken in bread crumbs. Evenly coat and pack breadcrumbs lightly with your hand.
- Brown Chicken: Heat 3 tablespoons of oil at a time in a cast iron skillet or pan – brown chicken for 2 minutes on both sides.
- Read Full Recipe —>>> CLICK HERE