Raspberry Macarons With Lemon Buttercream
- 110 grams almond flour
- 200 grams confectioner s sugar
- 10 grams freeze-dried fruit powder plus more for decorating
- 100 grams aged egg whites or at room temperature
- 50 grams white granulated sugar
- food coloring paste
- For Buttercream:
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup butter softened at room temperature
- Confectioner s sugar about 2 cups
- I ve read multiple recipes that ask for aged egg whites some for up to 3 days. I ve tried the recipe with fresh egg whites brought up to room temperature and aged ones and didn t see a big difference. I think the most important part is that they are not cold and straight out of the refrigerator!
- I ve premeasured all my ingredients using a digital kitchen scale. Place a bowl onto your scales tare the weight which will set the scale to zero and sift the flour into the bowl. Discard any large pieces that didn t pass through.
- For the berry flavor in this recipe I m using freeze-dried fruit which I found at Trader Jo s. Simply place the berries into a food processor pulse for a few seconds and sift through fine mesh strainer.
Please Visit Raspberry Macarons with Lemon Buttercream For Full Recipes